I am a multidisciplinary visual artist. My work is about people, their image and their perception of image. I am seeking unexpected interactions through combining different media, mainly in the genres of drawing, painting, video and animation. I aim to explore perceptibility and the dynamics of image and image representation in contemporary life.
I find lines particularly interesting, as they the building blocks of bidimensional representation yet they do not exist in nature. I draw a line that becomes a drawing, it gets colored on a canvas, acquires body in weavings, moves freely in space to finally acquire a fourth dimension – time – in animations. A single line can organize the chaos in our thoughts.
In early 2015 I joined the ongoing project ‘architecture4kids’ http://architecture4kids.com, created by architect Filitsa Daskalaki, an introduction to architecture for children 4-10 years old.
Since October 2015 in collaboration with Marion Inglessi, we created the video project ‘non stop motion animation by people in motion’ http://www.nonstopmotionanimation.com, for children and adolescents in refugee shelters in Athens.
I was born at Patras, Greece. After studying Medicine at the Medical School of the University of Pavia in Italy for two years, I studied Fine Arts at the Athens School of Fine Arts. I graduated in 1993.
- Onassis Foundation Scholarship 1989 – 1992.
- Erasmus scholarship from the State Scholarship Foundation in 1991, to attend a cycle of BA Hons Fine Art at Middlesex Polytechnic of London.
Selected Solo Exhibitions:
- Time Loss, Titanium Yiayiannos Gallery, 27 February-17 March 2002
- Mneme, π. 37 art gallery, 6 April 2006-6 May 2006
Selected Group Exhibitions:
- Athens School of Fine Arts Graduates, National Gallery,1993
- medi@terra 01, _De-Globalizing / Re-Globalizing, micro museum,
- Open Art, Hillside Press, Frankfurt Book Fair, October 2001/
Art Athina, November 2001
- dkd, Headquarters of North Atlantic Treaty Organization, April 2005
- Florence Biennale, 2007
- Art Beats II, Onassis Scholars’ Association, 2008
- Tidal Flow, moving contemporary art exhibition, September 2016
- Tidal Flow Revisited, Municipal Art Gallery of Piraeus, May 2017
Between 2006 and 2015, I have mainly worked in documentary research and also as video editor, web researcher and web administrator.
Ι was co-writer for the documentary ‘Dollars for a Saint’ by Avra Georgiou.